Packed with energising wholegrains and vitamin boosting blueberries this easy salad will help revitalise and boost your immune system. Sticky glazed baby carrots and knobbly baby anya potatoes have been roasted with maple syrup, fennel and pumpkin seeds, Jersey Royal baby new potatoes could also be used when in season.
- 150g (5oz) pack baby carrots with green tops, scrubbed
- 400g (14oz) baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g (9oz) pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
- 100g (4oz) spinach, rocket and watercress salad
- 100g (4oz) blueberries
- 100g (4oz) feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
- When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.