Preparation time - 10 mins
Cook time - 0 mins
Create a healthy no-bake snack rich in fruit and nuts in just minutes with this simple recipe for blueberry cocoa bites. It's easy enough to get the kids helping with rolling the mixture into little bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50g dried cherries, chopped
- 30g shredded coconut, toasted
- 30g blueberries
- 75g chopped roasted almonds
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and boiling water. Stir until well mixed and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine dates, butter and salt, and process to a fine paste (about the same consistency of peanut butter) about 1 minute. Add cocoa mixture and process until well combined, about 30 seconds. Transfer puree to a medium bowl. Stir in cherries and coconut until well combined.
- To form the bites, spray a small amount of non-stick cooking spray on the palms of your hands. Scoop 1 tablespoon cocoa and nut mixture and place it in the centre of your hand and pat down to flatten. Place 2 to 3 blueberries in the centre of mixture. Fold mixture over to cover the berries and gently roll between the palms of your hands. Roll in the toasted almonds and set on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture. Chill 1 hour before serving.