This fresh tasting dip makes a great snack or lunch.
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 2-3 minutes
Tip - Store in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- 150g broad beans, defrosted if frozen
- 100g feta cheese
- freshly ground nutmeg (optional)
- 150g cherries, stoned and halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10g mint, stems removed and leaves chopped
- Crackers or crudite serve
- If using fresh beans, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. When cool enough to handle slip the inner bean from its greyish skins and discard the pod. If using frozen, there is no need to cook just slip off the skins.
- Roughly mash the cheese and season with some black pepper and a little freshly ground nutmeg. Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve with crackers or crudité.