MODERN SLAVERY ACT – BERRY GARDENS SLAVERY AND HUMAN TRAFFICKING STATEMENT FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR 2018
BerryGardens is an international fruit marketing and distribution company, sourcing products globally.
We are grower owned and work with suppliers world-wide. We recognise there is scope in our supply chain for slavery and human trafficking to occur.
BerryGardens takes a zero tolerance approach to slavery and human trafficking.
We aim to educate our staff and supply chain by:
- Working closely with, and supporting the GLA.
- Keeping up to date with current trends on the subject.
- Educating our managers and Labour Providers on how to spot those who may be vulnerable.
- Educating our managers/representatives who visit suppliers world-wide on what to look for.
- Supporting the Stronger Together campaign.
We are members of the Ethical Training Initiative (ETI) and we are regularly audited by third parties who publish our results on the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (Sedex).